Guidelines for abstract submitters
- Please, submit your abstract online. Abstracts submitted via e-mail, post, or other methods will not be accepted.
- The conference languages are German and English.
- Abstracts should be submitted in English.
Presentation slides (PowerPoint) and posters are to be prepared in English as well. If you choose German as presentation language, please hand in a German title to your abstract additionally to the English title during abstract submission.
- Changes to your abstract will be accepted until the submission deadline: Monday, February 26, 2024 (midnight, CET)
- In exceptional cases we will accept outstanding late-breaking abstracts until Wednesday, April 3, 2024 (midnight, CEST). All late-breakers are planned in one special session. Abstract guidelines are still mandatory (see below).
- Encore Abstracts: Submission of encore abstracts is generally allowed. They must be clearly labelled and should contain the date of their first publication. Encore abstracts will be automatically classified as posters. Unmodified data should not be presented as orals. It is encouraged to use new or updated data within an encore abstract and the topic must focus on pathology. General rules for abstract submission apply (see below).
- Ensure the citable publication of your abstract.
- For presenting authors of accepted abstracts, registration and participation in the conference is binding.
- Make sure that emails from firstname.lastname@example.org are not marked as spam by your email provider. Please, check your spam folder regularly.
- As an abstract submitter you are automatically corresponding person for the abstract (even if you are an assistant e.g.). Thus, you are responsible to inform all authors about the acceptance or rejection of the abstract and to forward received instructions about the presentation of the abstract to the presenting author(s).
Content and format
- Do not use the title or the name(s) of the author(s) in the body of the abstract.
- Please, formulate clearly and concisely the question(s), methods, results and conclusion of your work in your abstract.
- Avoid using non-standard abbreviations.
- Abstracts can have a maximum length of 2.500 characters (including spaces).
- Abstracts may include up to 5 images/tables. Each image/table inserted into the abstract
counts for 200 characters. Images/tables are to be provided with captions/illustration legends.
- You can upload images in JPG or PNG format. The max. size of an image is 2,5 MB.
- Abstracts may include up to 10 references. Each reference inserted into the abstract
counts for 30 characters.
- Please, avoid formatting. We cannot guarantee that abstracts will be formatted in the exact way as they are entered.
The German Society of Pathology (DGP) will award three different prizes at her annual meeting in 2024:
DGP PhD Award
The prize for best doctorates is remunerated with 750 to 1.500 euros.
Candidates can apply by submitting their abstracts during the general call-for-abstracts (Deadline: February 21, 2024). Natural science doctorates with focus on pathology as well as medical PhD works will be accepted.
The doctorate should be either:
- officially submitted to the respective bodies
- officially announced and published
- officially announced and accepted for publication.
Encore Abstract without significant new data and late-breaking abstracts are excluded as candidates.
The doctorate should have been obtained primary in an institute of pathology in Germany, Austria or Switzerland.
Applications must be submitted and chosen doctorates have to be presented directly by the PhD student on-site at the conference. Representations or replacements by others are not allowed for these talks. Presentations of doctorates are planned and scored by the jury members within the general program of the conference. There will be no special PhD-session in 2024.
DGP Poster Prize
The award is especially intended for young researchers in the field of pathology, who called attention to their work by giving an interesting and thought-out poster presentation on a significant topic. Candidates will be chosen in a two-step process: The first choice is made during the general poster session on Friday, May 24, 2024, by the chairs. Elected candidates will be clearly marked with rosettes and contacted. As second step there will be a special Best-Poster-Session on May 25, 2024. Chosen posters shall be presented again in this session as short orals (5 minutes) before a jury and the interested public. Talks should be presented directly by first authors. Representations or replacements by others (e.g.working group or team members) are not allowed for these talks. Research work should have been done primary in an institute of pathology in Germany, Austria or Switzerland. Encore Abstract without significant new data are excluded as candidates.
Prizes will be announced and awarded on xxx midday, directly after the session.
Prizes for best posters are remunerated with 500 euros.
- For questions regarding abstract submission please open the menu item "Help".
- For personal support send us a message via the "Feedback/Support" form in the main navigation.
For further information concerning conference registration visit: www.pathologie-jahrestagung.de
or contact: email@example.com